1. Buy a poetry book. Heck, buy two or three.
2. Give a poetry book to a friend, especially a friend who says she or he doesn't understand poetry.
3. Write a poetry book review. It doesn't have to be a formal review, although many, many journals would welcome more reviews. Instead, post your thoughts on your blog, Goodreads, or Amazon.
4. Reread some of your old favorites. (For me, that would be The Palace of Ashes by Sherry Fairchok and Incident at the Edge of Bayonet Woods by Paula Bohince. However, I am also planning on revisiting work by poets Jane Springer, Todd Davis, Carrie Fountain and Keith Ekiss)
5. Take part in the Big Poetry Giveway where poets across the blogging world post free copies of poetry books. I have had fun with this for years and have discovered many new poets! Poet Kelli Russell Agodon coordinates this event every year and you can check out the guidelines here. Stay tuned for my Giveaway which I will post sometime at the start of April.